Old 05-02-2003, 07:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
smoke gets in my eyes

And here's what you may have to look forward to....

This kind of goes along with JT's headache (trust) thread. Put'cher slippers up June, you might get a kick out of this.

For those of you who are not familiar with the continuing saga of Dino...

Dino hasn't lived here since May of 2001. We have stayed in touch and friendly, and he has been here to visit quite a bit. He's had his lil' ups and downs over the past couple of years, but right now he's doing just swell. So swell, in fact, that I invited him to stay here for a month to make his transition into his new job and school easier. It's no small commute, but financially, until he has a couple of paychecks under his belt, it's a smart thing. I have no concern that he'll want to stay longer... the driving will begin to annoy him.

He had most of the bad habits you read about here. One of the things that used to drive me bonkers was when he would go out of town and tell me he was going to call me while he was away. I never asked him to. I told him it wasn't necessary. He would insist. So I would hang around waiting for him to call me and you know the rest of the story. Not much by itself, but along with the other nonsense it was a real tooth gritter.

His job is with a tv station, and they had scheduled some sort of orientation thing, then rescheduled and rescheduled, because it's Derby time and this is KY and they are the media. They're all running around like a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. So he didn't know when they would suddenly want his presence. He said if he had to leave while I was out, he would leave me a note. Not necessary, I said. I would know where he went. I could tell that didn't sit right. I think I'm supposed to want to know where he is at all times. But he did leave while I was out and refrained from note writing. They must have kept him pretty busy today because he didn't call until just after sundown. This is where I am, this is what I have to do before I come "home" , this is how long it will take, this is the part of the city I'll be in... Then an hour and a half later (just like he said it would take)... I'm done. I'm coming "home", I'm on this road, the traffic is thus, it will take this much time, I ate watermelon for lunch and I bought cigarettes and cokes. All right already.

Could he have read JT's thread? I'm not complaining... I just think it's funny. I expect he will chill out in a few days. He hasn't shown a moment of suspicious behavior and I am totally comfortable with his coming and going. But I guess he feels like he has something to prove. Everybody say "aaaaaawwwww". Good old Dino is good old Dino again. Maybe even better.

Hugs!
Smoke