Old 11-09-2021, 04:18 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Can’t sugar coat it, but that sucks, Willow I’d relapse if my house had a bar full of drink.

Life must go on. If he’s a normie then that’s reasonable. Fair play to you as your willpower is stronger than mine. Not being funny, but can he lock the booze away?
Originally Posted by Willow00 View Post
Yeah it does suck somewhat. But I just keep on playing that tape forward. Over and over.
It would be hard to lock it away because the bar is in the living area, and short of building a cage around the whole thing, it wouldn’t really work. But that’s ok, I got over a year sober once before, and it wasn’t the bar that got me, it was holidays and drinking at a friend’s place.

I just stay away from that area, never go in behind the bar and mostly just try to pretend it doesn’t exist. I pretty much ignore that area of the house. I figure I’m always going to be exposed to alcohol somewhere, so I may as well learn to live side by side with it without actually drinking it. I would rather not have it around at all but I’m getting used to ignoring it.

My temptation is usually when I’m out, to go and buy sneaky alcohol at a liquor store. So that’s what I have to watch out for more.
I'd definitely advise anyone new and or struggling to have a dry house where possible.

My house is still nominally dry...although I have bought alcohol as presents for other people in the past and had that in my house a few weeks with no drama and no obsessional thoughts or wobbles.

Sometimes its not possible to have that dry house tho and that's the time where you have to work on building that sober life you're happy in, crazy about, and do not want to leave.

If your sober life gives you all you need and your recovery is strong enough you could theoretically live in a brewery

D