Thread: At my wits end!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 07:32 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Contella09

Originally Posted by Jupiter11 View Post
I know your post was to newfella contella, but it really got to me.

Newfella, you have done ever so well stopping yourself. I found even when you eventually get the services provided by the NHS they are beyond shoddy. Long waits between appointments and promised help that never quite materialises.

My young niece (14) is in dreadful trouble. My sister, her mother died Xmas Eve last year, suddenly.
She had had a bit of bother with her mental health before then. Now she is cutting herself. She has been in hospital twice with overdoses (paracetamol, the worst thing to overdose on ever!)
Her father has gotten her the services that are meant to help. But do little good.
I wish we could get through to her that life is worth living, she is young, things won't always look so black.
I hope you are at the point you see this newfella 🙂
Hi Jupiter, I am so sorry If I upset you. I am just worried that newfella is giving up. There is hope and help out there and the bad days don't last forever. They can change for the better at any moment.

I am so sorry to hear about your niece and losing her mum. I don't know if you have heard of three dad's walking? They have a charity called papyrus. There is a papyrus helpline. They may be of some assistance and can point to the right services and more intensive care to help prevent another tradgedy. She must be in so much pain and not know how to actually deal with it so self harming might be a compulsion to just release some of that pain. I was given a book called 'chicken soup for the teenage soul' when I was younger. I don't know if those books are still out there but might be helpful to her so she can know she isn't alone with those feelings. She just needs to find ways to help manage those feelings and thoughts.
Stay strong Jupiter x