Thread: At my wits end!
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 01:44 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Contella09

Originally Posted by Newfella View Post
Thanks for all the kind words folks, youve probably helped me be more positive than any nhs, another night down guys, i know its early days but i dont see myself going backwards.

there is such little help out there for drinking and this is the first time i found this out and will never want to be in the position again.

Im 33 and never really wanted to be alive since about 16, just think its not for me, i had the best i could get out of life until i was 15 when i started drugs that messed my head up for good, its a shame but for the people out there who really do want to be on this planet please strive on it and enjoy yourself

Well done on staying sober! You have done that by yourself so be proud. There isnt much help on the NHS and I have found that my GP surgery don't really know how to help with addictions.

My brother has been struggling with a drug addiction for the past few years. He took an overdose and spent 12 hrs at a and e to be refered to a place called Prescott house. They messed with his medication and told him to pick up a new prescription only to find out that they weren't allowed to do that and he was left without his meds for nearly 2 weeks because of that. I think the problem really is lack of communication between services sometimes.

I too lost the will to live by the age of 15. I took an overdose and ended up in intensive care for over a week aged 15. Some of my problems probably stem from early childhood. You have to remember that there are good days and happy memories to be made. You deserve to be happy just as much as anyone else. You may have to work harder for it but you will find it. Just keep going no matter what. You are not alone when it comes to finding life really hard. You will be surprised just how many people that look fine on the outside are so sad on the inside. I will be thinking of you. You are doing well. Please keep it up and give yourself a chance!