Thread: 5 days
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Finalcall

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Hi FC, first off, well done on 5 days, and I hope you’re not feeling too groggy, but I know you will be.

I’m going to have to ask what’s been going on this year, though. You were up to six weeks at one stage. What I’ve learned from this site above all else is that we’ve all got this lifelong illness (alcoholism) whether we quit 5 days or 40 years ago. These amazing people who post about being 10+ years sober would be toppled by that one drink just as you and I would.

Whilst we all have bad stuff going on, think about non-drinkers. They have problems and anxiety too, but they don’t need to drink. Us drinkers use stress as an excuse to drink when it’s the alcohol that causes the stress in the first place.

I’m a believer in just do it, no need for analysis or blogs, but maybe in your case, a blog of how you feel would be an idea. That way you’d know why you decided to have that “one” drink. I’m obviously implying that you’ll drink again, sorry. I’d love you to prove me wrong, though.
It is as often is just one drink to bring me unstuck. Then 2 then 20 a day. Soon enough not drinking for pleasure but to keep the come down away. It really does defy logic. At the very least my continued efforts towards abstinence have given me multiple tools to help me.
thanks for your reply