View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 07:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stickyone

Originally Posted by Suzieq17 View Post
Been sober 11 months. Worked Step 1-3. Been solo on sobriety most of the time. Been focused on me this past year—taking care of mind, body and soul. Dealing with feelings, losing 30lbs, setting a new goal for my career that provides purpose. I bought new clothes, started caring about me, and have been feeling better—inside and out. I have taken the first year of sobriety just for me.

I have implemented better social skills —Listening more, giving more, complimenting people more, attending functions BUT somehow I don’t feel like I’m connecting with people. I’d like to take my second year of sobriety and focus on overcoming any lingering self centered tendencies—which I feel I still have.

Any suggestions on how to address the self centered tendencies associated with addiction and any mindful techniques to help appreciated. I am a work in progress, and I’m ok with that 😊
Congratulations on your recovery. It sounds like you are doing great and along with being sober you have changed your physical image losing weight and new clothes and self care. In my experience in recovery we sometimes do a total 180 from the person we used to be in a amazing way . Some will be happy some not. But what really matters is that you are happy with yourself. Go through it and grow through it.