View Single Post
Old 10-27-2021, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
TroubleAfoot

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
It is too bad. Hoped to be a champion grappler and a multi millionaire investment guru. Didn't happen.

Thought physical life would be easy. No more hang overs, tons of energy, and a free mind.

I just tell myself every time I think about a relapse that I will never be as free as I am now and a relapse will slow me down at the least.

We here were never intended to be drunks. We learned it, saw the light, and now we don't drink.

Booze is poison.
Yes. I can relate to all of this. I suffer from lack of energy, headaches, and joint pain still. One thing I do know, though, is if I start drinking again everything will only be way worse and, for me, that is sufficient motivation to stay sober. It's bad enough now!

BUT. . . I'm not done yet. After taking a while to build up some extra will power (I've been using most of it just to not drink) I have embarked upon, as of 5 days ago, a very strict health journey in regards to what food I put in my body. I am anticipating that, with enough commitment, I will still be able to significantly improve, or even cure, much of what is still ailing me.