View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Evoo

Originally Posted by Caramel View Post
I'd never before heard of the "Arnold Palmer" drink, sounds good, not too sweet; must make some one day
Oh yeah — this is a great thing to order at a restaurant. Also sometimes it’s nice when others are drinking to have something that isn’t Diet Coke or water. I’d order kombucha at restaurants, but it’s not really offered yet.

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I used to think people missed drinking with me but turns out they all preferred the sober me…
D
Same, Dee. It’s amazing how much of my worry over this was all in my own head (and AV).

Originally Posted by KAD65 View Post
I tried "near beer" once. After downing a whole 6-pack, I got so disappointed and frustrated with not feeling what I usually felt, I went out and bought the real thing. Not saying that's what would happen to everyone, but IMO, it's a bit like teasing the AV. It doesn't like that.
This was my experience. I was thirsty and drank down an NA beer in a few seconds. My brain immediately expected alcohol and I became very anxious and made the decision to grab a real beer (I was at a big family party so alcohol was everywhere). I didn’t get drunk immediately, but I’d let my AV back in and had a plan for drinking that night. It would be several months of bad moderating before I got back on track. No thanks.