Thread: Emotional
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2021, 10:49 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Jupiter11

Day 24

Had an ok sleep, dreams a little vivid (to say the least!) but not nightmares like in withdrawal. Those withdrawal dreams must dredge the depths of hell to bring up what they did. 😦
I often wondered, in withdrawal where the images came from in the hallucinations and nightmares. I can't remember ever seeing any of the things I saw then in real life (or TV which is very much removed from real life). Or read in a book.
Are they in your subconscious to start with? Or are people who say the brain is a receiver right and those things actually exist somewhere in the cosmos?
Maybe I missed my vocation as a horror writer.
I fancy writing, like a fictional novel or something. But everytime I try, it comes out all pompous sounding not to mention trite and boring!
It's a pity cos that would be a good hobby, pass the time and occupy my mind.
Plus I would have to hand write because everytime I save anything on the laptop, I don't know where it goes and can never find it again.
Hmm that's enough musing for one day.

I have been urge free since the other day. But that's not the point in giving up drink is it?
The point (to me) is retraining yourself to live without drink inspite of urges or distressing thoughts. It is getting easier and quicker, to get the needle out of the groove thoughts wise, when I feel them going in a dark direction.

I'm just prattling on for the sake of it now 😆 time to go!