View Single Post
Old 10-02-2021, 04:07 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
UNITE4STRENGTH

1 minute into Day 7! This latest relapse is my insurance for the next 4 years. My goal is to be totally turned around and self confident, living authenticly by the summer of 2025. Somehow in my heart I know the timings of things and how to make my experience work for me on this journey. The relapse before this lasted around 3 months before I checked into rehab. If I didn't have the strength to turn it back around this time I could've hit a point where I was unable to stop again. That is a scary thought considering we have to wait at least 6 months for rehab in UK. Was I able to turn this latest relapse around because my brain and body had healed a lot during my 14 months sober? Or am I just so disappointed that I picked up and 'polluted' my 40s with yet another relapse? Perhaps my effort today and yesterday just shows me how much I want sobriety. I don't know, these are just some thoughts. And as ever, I like posting to my log. I had a deep relaxation session for about an hour. It was nice to switch into standby mode and then to suddenly know, ah! It's a giant mug of jasmine & green tea I want! 🤍