Thread: Cut Back Coach
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DriGuy

Cut Back Coach

There at the top of my ***** email list this morning was that persistent revolving add that tries to get me to buy this or that thing that I'm not interested in several times a day. This one was new. It was an app for Cut Back Coach, a "sure fire way" to cut back on your alcohol consumption. I'm not posting a link for more than just the obvious reasons. But it was like reading a message from my mostly long dead alcoholic AV. All the usual lies were there in large print, and the ad was quite long. It wasn't until the very end of the scroll, down at the end of the page where it gave the following somewhat glossed over caution in fine print.

The results listed on this page are real and are based on average results of Cutback Coach subscribers who sign up and track their drinks for 30 days. They aren’t guaranteed and they are not intended to act as medical advice. Cutback Coach is a system for creating a more mindful approach to drinking to help you reach your goals. It is not designed to treat alcohol use disorder (AUD).

The link to the app went nowhere, at least on my computer. Maybe it works on a phone, because it's a phone app, so I don't know how much they were asking for it.

Mods, if you decide to remove this thread, I get it, and it won't bother me. The thing just insulted my intelligence. I wanted to rant, and I'm over it now anyway.