Thread: Emotional
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 09:59 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Jupiter11

I have copied this from my other thread, with a few adjustments. I also included my withdrawals, which I didn't originally because I forgot to.
I want this as an easy to find reminder why "just one drink" isn't a good idea

This time a fortnight ago, I had just finished drinking 5 days around clock. ( a couple of days before this I'd just come off another bender)
A bottle of gin a day. I felt like death. I'd done one of my get to the shop for 8am stints on the Saturday (2 days before) . By 8pm Saturday it was all gone.

I had a horrible anxiety filled night. The shops can't sell till 10am on a Sunday. But I had no money left anyway.
The craving was horrible on Sunday morning, constant, overpowering. I rang everyone I knew to borrow some money. Everyone said no, because I already owed them money.
Eventually, I bummed a tenner from someone.
It wasn't enough for a litre of gin, so I got half a bottle. That was 11am. It was gone by 2pm.
I must have passed out cos I woke at 9pm and started going into withdrawal.
Had no money again, so had to stick it out.
Monday, exactly 2 weeks ago,I was in a horrible state. But had no choice but to stick it out. Then my brother messaged, saying he had just seen my message from day before and had put £20 into my bank that I didn't have to repay.
I should have been happy and ran up the shop to get booze, because I was in a right state and the craving was horrible.
But all of a sudden I thought, " look at the state of you!"
I was like a beggar at everyone's door, no pride whatsoever. Booze ruled me and I was in a right state with it, physically and mentally and financially.
So I thought I would just see out the withdrawals and finish this horror.
But the horror was just beginning.
Shaking, agitated, doom-laden. As it got into late afternoon I began to hear music I knew wasn't there.
Into that never ending night, I began to see things that weren't there too.
My heart was pounding, I was sweating, shaking, grotesque faces were coming out of the dark. I put the light on, thick black hairs were growing out of the walls.
Eventually, it stopped, next day I felt ill, but the worst was over.
Then I came here.