Thread: Emotional
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 10:03 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Jupiter11

Driguy, and O thanks , I am not going to be reckless. No, it doesn't matter whether I call it recovery or re-learning, boils down to the same thing, living life without falling back on drinking as a coping mechanism or recreational prop (although it's been a long time since it was that)
I understand I can't go back to the way I was before I got hooked on it, I have changed the physical set up of my brain now. But I used to be able to live without it, I can live without it again. Although I understand I will have the additional challenges of cravings both psychological and physical to meet. I never really was a social drinker, so social occasions without drink don't really bother me.
It's more than a decade since I drank in any social setting. Mainly because people would only invite me places if I promised not to drink!

Yes O, I had a lovely time at my sons. Although in his usual style he rang to say he was picking me up early. 3 hours early!!
I'm not sure what his girlfriend made me to eat but it was delicious. Some Bangladeshi dish. Bless her. she said she had made it as mild as she could because I told her I can't take things too spicy hot. Then what did I do? Ate this odd looking thing I found on my plate...eyes streaming, couldn't breath, couldn't feel my tongue.. a pint of milk later, she said that was a really potent chilli, just in for flavouring and you are not meant to eat it lol

All in all, had a really nice day! The feeling is even starting to come back into my tongue!
It was quite a trek getting there though. A million diversions because the councils all decide to dig up all the roads together. And trying to get petrol was a nightmare because of the stupid scare-mongering media exaggerating a petrol shortage so people have been panic buying (it's the toilet roll idiocy they created all over again). Apparently there is ONE supplier that couldn't get their deliveries, the rest are ok. It's the panic buying causing the shortage.

I'm glad my son and I are ok now, we had a falling out at the beginning of the year (yes, my drinking the cause of it).
But we made up soon after. It wasn't because I was nasty or anything with him, he just gets upset at what I was doing to myself.
He even put my favourite film on the TV, The Life of Brian, beyond funny that film is!

I am still going to count days, because I am like a little miser with them, counting and wanting more of them lol