Thread: Emotional
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2021, 01:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Jupiter11

Hi again O,
Yes, it's been a bit of an emotional wringer week, to say the least. I do feel like a wrug out dish rag lol
I went back to bed this morning. I'm going to my sons for lunch. I know what you mean about clean sheets, especially if I get a chance to dry them outside..lovely. Especially as I live in filth while I am drinking.
Yeah, going to take it easy for the next couple of days. Think I also exerted myself too much physically on Thursday too, can still feel the aches lol
Friday when I met my daughter, is the first time I have gotten myself looking human in ages. I actually put on a favourite dress and make up and did my hair. Usually I just wonder about like a hobo.
Going to make the effort today too with my son, I feel so much better when I take care of my physical appearance. It gives me a little self respect not looking like I have just dragged myself out of the black lagoon.

I have reached the end of my 14 day target thread. Have made my Big Plan, so having targets is not viable anymore. This is the way I am going to live now, as a teetotaller, this is my life from now on, no striving for the next week, or fortnight or month of time.

I'll keep this thread going because it helps to thrash things out here.
But not going to be so much about "recovery" as much as re-learning how to live without drink in my life. I did live a lot of years where drink wasn't a problem and never had been (well, not my drinking, other peoples was sometimes)

Well have to get a shift on and make myself beautiful (seriously lol, haven't got that long to spare, maybe presentable would be more realistic lol).

Have a good day today O x