View Single Post
Old 09-25-2021, 06:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
KAD65

Originally Posted by Live444Today View Post
I’m so fed up with how my life has been the last 20 years. I’m so lost. Confused. Super depressed
This quote alone indicates that you are not in a viable emotional state to enter into a relationship. You've indicated that you think it's one-sided, so how do you perceive she might be hurt? Is that maybe a projection of the hurt you expect to endure?

I know the feeling, so I'm not without sympathy. I've been there myself more than once. I got married to someone I knew I didn't love more than 2 decades ago. Why didn't I tell her before things proceeded further? I was afraid I'd hurt her feelings and she wouldn't be able to take it. I waited until 16 years and 2 kids later to break the bad news to her. Alcohol played a big part in all of it, from start to finish.

My point is, pay attention to your instincts. If you're confused about this and know that you're not in the right state of mind to pursue it, even if she was/is on board with it, then it's probably a bad idea. I understand how difficult that is when the heart is involved, but it will only hurt worse later if you push it further.