View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
mayabee

Originally Posted by cusper View Post
stickyone, I love "man up!" I say that to myself too. I like it because it snaps me out of the headspace, like, you have no choice, do it! Someone wrote on here once and it was a thread titled "No one Is coming to save you" and I always think about it and it just makes me accountable and somehow less emotionally entangled thinking that it's all crashing down. Look see, it's half a day later and I am in a much better frame of mind. Haha and I bet your wife gave you the raised eyebrow!
I tend to be anxious and obsess about things. I meditate and the following is a quote about thoughts that come in during meditation. I like to remind myself of this for times other than during meditation when I let obsessive thoughts and worries torment me.

Leave your front door and your back door open. Allow your thoughts to come and go. Just don't serve them tea. Shunryu Suzuki
Of course, in addition to serving them tea I have a tendency to invite those obsessive thoughts to sit down for a three course meal.

Last edited by mayabee; 09-08-2021 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Typo