View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 10:54 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
StephEgan

I had absolutely no idea he was in withdrawal but it certainly sounds like that is what it was - so he was drinking hard then stopping and having these 4 days of crashes then he must have been drinking again to then have the 4 days happen 2 or 3 weeks later? He sometimes sits and stares at the floor for so long and it looks like an absense seizure - I was going to tell the neurologist this. I guess there is no point in a neurologist now? And an MRI?

How much do you have to drink to have withdrawal like that?

He was so bad the past year with his illness that I guess has been booze that I am shocked he has not missed a day of work since he started this job 4 months ago now. In our old life, he had an office job and never missed it either - it has only been th epast 2 yrs that he has had these flareups of what I thought was some sort of neuro disorder or maybe a liver issue. It hasn't happened for a good few months now - 4 or 5 months I'd say so he has been drinking that whole time then likely? End stage is when those symptoms just happen at random - so if it is in withdrawal it happens maybe he isn't at end stage? Ultrasound of all abdominal organs showed zero issues!