View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 10:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
PlanoTexican
Support our Troops.

The following is a repost, however it is still valid info.

My comments below are exactly that, comments. I am not a doctor, therapist, or counselor. I have no medical, or psychological training whatsoever. I am a former addict with a desire to help others, nothing more.

At the risk of making it sound too easy, eat well balanced meals, cooked at home. Vegetables, cheese, bread, meat, and fruit for dessert and snacks. Stay away from pre-packaged foods, soft drinks and all fast foods. I drink iced tea that I brew myself. I limit myself to two cups of coffee a day.

Read the labels of the all the foods that you buy. Stay away from any type of hydrogenated fats, partially or otherwise. Any type of fat that gets firm when it is cooled is not the greatest. Believe it or not most all of the Frito-Lay products are cooked in oil, not partially hydrogenated fats.

Olive or canola oil instead of vegetable shortening for deep frying, or sautéing. Flavored olive oil instead of butter on bread. You can take a good multi-vitamin once a day, but in my opinion you are better off getting what you need from your food.

If you smoke cigarettes, quit.

As the old saying goes, garbage in garbage out. Or better yet, you are what you eat.