Old 08-21-2021, 10:29 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
kittencat

Originally Posted by ClearPath64 View Post
Wow, so much activity today! My electricity was out all morning due to a storm that blew through here last night. I've been following the posts on my phone, but seem to be physically unable to type coherently on it. The power's back and I'm back to the comfort of my PC and keyboard. Quick story. So I bought a small tub (supposed to be 3 servings) of Ben & Jerry's ice cream last night, with every intention of making it last a few days. With the power going out last night, I checked the freezer this morning and it was melting quickly. Not knowing what to do, and not knowing when the electricity would be restored, I made the only logical decision and just ate it all. There really was no other choice, right?

AC, Jo, and kittencat, thanks for posting to our little group. Glad to have you aboard. AC, if the 82 at the end of your name means what I think it means, then I'm about 18 years older than you and still trying to get this right. We are not failures. We know that there is a better way to live and we are going to figure it out. Takes some of us longer than others, but we keep going, and learning as we go. You can and will beat this.
Okay I did not even think about that 82... I guess you were born the same year as I was and probably graduated high school in 82!

Of course eating the Ben & Jerry's was the right move.

Congrats on 3 weeks!