View Single Post
Old 05-01-2003, 07:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clowie

Hangin in...
How are you my friend... I struggle with the same thing... I really struggled with it when I first started posting here... I could never understand why an addict lied... esp to themselves... My hubby did the same thing... He would attend meetings... (well that's where I thought he was...)...talk to counselors... talk about being sober all the time... but he was not... He was lying to me... and he was lying to himself... I always thought in my head it would of been so much easier for me... If he would just tell me he was using????? I would tell him if your going to use... then use... don't make a big secret out of it... and let me decide what I am going to do.... But the truth was... According to hubby now... That he never wanted to use... he wanted to believe that he was not using and that he would stop after this one last fix!!!!
I know sounds crazy doesn't it!!!
Sounds like your daughter is headed into the right direction... Every little bit of rehab, meetings, whatever helps... She will pick up a tool here and there and there and here...
Well Hangin in... I'm sending you tons of Hugs...
Love your friend in recovery,
Clowie