Thread: The 3rd Step
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 01:11 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
skinner

Originally Posted by Sugasnaps

Here is my basic conclusion to Step 2. I believe that I am not alone. I believe I don't need to rely solely upon my own perceptions and interpretations of events for guidance, because I do believe that there is a higher presence in my life. What that presence is... I don't know... I don't know how to define it. Do I have to define it? Do I have to label it God? Do I have to believe that this higher power is sentient?

I believe that just because I believe this, however, that I am not relieved from choosing, in each instant, the course of my life... but it does mean that I have conscious access to compassionate and impersonal help in the analysis of possible choices, their probable consequences, and in the exploration of the different parts of myself and my psyche.

Is the fact that I accept this to be truth... enough to proceed?

Suga
I'm trying to think of my HP like this........He is my Father and will guide me through life. He will let me make my own decisions and watch me succeed OR make mistakes because it is from those that I will learn. He will be there to love me and comfort me when I ASK Him. He will "parent" me just as I try to parent my own children.