Old 08-15-2021, 08:32 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
dustyfox

YEP ! None if us are getting our alive AO - but we are alive at the moment - and still despite giving up the booze and cutting back on coffee, (gave up cigarettes 15 years ago) - now taking medication for some minor condition I did not know I had - I STILL don't feel great - I am also thinking what is it - should I be tested for a brain tumour, cancer, a myriad of other stuff?

A hangover was easier to deal with - for me a couple of ibuprofen, lots of water, some coffee and carbs and I was ready to do it all over again later that evening. Except wait - despite feeling rubbish - and tired and often grumpy - NOW I do not wake up at 4am with a pounding heart , ashamed, guilty and anxious. I mean at some point, and I know this because I keep reading posts from people who are years sober , not just weeks like me, I will feel better than this. I keep telling myself.
I don't know what your genetic testing told you AO? You are braver than me. My maternal grandmother didn't smoke or drink and she lived till 97. My paternal grandmother smoked and drank and died at 56 - Both my grandfathers were teetotal and died before they were 50. - odds not looking good either way - but I can live with that! AO I hope you are doing ok. Another week is about to begin!