Thread: bipolar?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2006, 05:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sarah25

Question bipolar?

My MIL has been telling me I'm bipolar for a LONG time now....she says my A is too and my two yr old son!!!!???? She tells me all the time, when I started seeing a shrink she said "did you tell her about how you're bipolar and your mom and sister are too and how you should be on meds?" WHAT????!!! I think her telling me this is MAKING me NUTS. How can she feel so free to diagnose me? I feel like because she's on meds for, I don't even know what, she thinks everyone should be....I talked to my mom about it for the first time and she said that that is not true, that I'm an aries and I happen to express my emotions and speak when I feel something, she said there is a whole range of 'normal' it is not just one thing and that I fall well within that range and that I shouldn't be convinced I have something when I don't. What is bipolar anyway? Is it manic depressive? I know it means mood swings but is it like a chemical imbalance or something? Had to vent on that one...being told that I am sick in the head constantly is one of the things making me so unsure of my decision to leave. Thanks guys