View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
advbike

Originally Posted by Libby06 View Post
Anything that hits the happy, feel good part of my brain, I have a very time moderating.
That's me exactly.. Sigh..

Been fighting this sugar addiction longer than alcohol, and the two are almost interchangeable for me. Before when I was drinking at dinner occasionally, and had a couple glasses of wine, instead of being unable to stop drinking, I would just have a dessert - problem solved. Of course it was a 1000 calorie solution, lol.

So it gets even worse when I am alcohol free of course. When I go to the grocery store I can't resist the treats, even "healthy" ones. Night before last I had TWO bowls of granola - the good kind with dates and seeds and nuts - but loaded with sugar. I just couldn't stop.. and I felt like I had drank afterward when the sugar hit me. I just can't keep those things in the house.

I'm not obese, maybe 10lbs above optimal, due to all my cycling.. but I actually lost weight during the pandemic because I was ordering groceries online and not tempted by all the goodies in the store. Just the healthy basics. If this keeps up I will have to go back to that.