View Single Post
Old 07-20-2021, 05:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Libby06

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Sigh…This feels like such a setback and a relapse. I’m thoroughly convinced I’ve been bingeing this substance from time to time and without really realizing it, has been having similar effects on my body and brain as alcohol.

When I quit the sugar for a few days, things tend to greatly improve, but not before I feel the withdrawal symptoms in different ways very similar to any other stimulating substance.

Am I the only one who feels or suspects this same thing going on inside their body and brain?
Yes Introvrtd, that is pretty close to exactly my experience with sugar. I was getting into a dangerous territory with it, and it looked a lot like my alcoholism. I was planning what I would binge, when, where, and how to clean up the evidence. The whole show, like I did with alcohol. My go to was/ is ice cream, chocolate or baked goods. I was getting a rush just thinking about it, and also feeling hung over in the morning.( I did most of my binging at night).

Anything that hits the happy, feel good part of my brain, I have a very time moderating. I'm not perfect, and I try, but once I recognized it for what it is, the frequency has dropped off.

Talking about it helped me a lot. Thanks for bringing it up,and I hope putting it out there helps. Bimini has an awesome food tracking system!