Old 07-16-2021, 07:25 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
MesaMan

~ Where the Mind goes the Body will follow ~

While I was as sucked in physiologically as the next Addict, I also knew my steadfast way out was in following the Axiom above. Otherwise, I'd never make - and sustain - the break to fundamentally change. Forever.

A former Work Pal of mine working solo at a remote Office back then made a point to contact me this Week to swap stories on his 29 Years Sober. Our mutual, super-nice Boss at the time told him 'Rehab or Resignation'. There's no interest or attraction in returning to 'those times' anymore than there is in repeating my High School Days. 'Nothing exceeds like excess', as I like to say. No FOMO here. I didn't really tell anyone about my need/decision to quit. I'm a firm believer in letting changed Behavior do the talking. Walk the walk. After I read here about some of the Baggage that goes with trying to apologize - like, some Folks rejecting such heartfelt attempts - I decided to skip all that.

Another toasty Day on tap here in smoky Skies, so we just roll with it. MesaPup included. Here's a germane Song from Yola.

Thanks, Mags...

'Stand For Myself' ~ Yola