View Single Post
Old 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Zoey

Welcome..hope4 Glad you found SR

When we are new, all the advise seems cold, heartless and uncaring. Not true, we care very much for you and care just as much for the alcoholic.
We want your Mom safe and well, but that is what is the worst for her, the trying to keep her safe and well..
We all had to learn this and we hated to learn this, and sometimes we cannot do it.

Please read as many posts as you can. then take what you can use and leave the rest.
Car keys, I would forbid her to drive MY car. Suggest she take a cab, or catch a ride.
if her car and her insurance then l guess we have no right to take or hide keys.
If I knew she was impaired I would call the police and alert them to watch.
If they do wrong they need to pay. DUI or whatever.
If she acts or sounds suisidal call the police, they put them into protective custody, to keep them from harming themselves.
The police coming is a wake up call sometimes and they go from there to treatment.
Even recoverying A's come on here and tell us to go to Alanon and learn how not to enable.etc.
I know this is all so hard to understand. keep comeing back as no one is scolding you, or saying your feelings are wrong. HUGS