Thread: Hi Everyone
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 02:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
TISM

Hi Everyone

I've popped into here from time to time in the past during brief AF periods for some motivation and inspiration. This time feels a bit different and I think I might actually be able to make lasting change. Early days but hasn't been hard this time at all. In fact I'm actually feel more positive and even a bit excited to see what the future might hold. Figured it's a good time to join in on the conversations and engage.
Over many years with the help of booze I managed to gradually empty my life of ALL things positive. Especially in the last 5 or so years. I know have a huge task ahead of me to rebuild a life. I'm not sure I'll be able to make up for so many lost years but I have to try. But I think the first thing I really need to do is change my mindset. To stop dwelling on shame, regret, loss. And to try to stop worrying so much about the future and thinking that I've blown it. I've read some really helpful thoughts on this in other posts - must be a very common feeling among us. How did I let that happen?
Anyway that's the first challenge - being in the moment and trying to be positive about the future.
Thanks for having me on board