Thread: I binged again
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Dropsie

I think this is one of those few times when being a lawyer is actually a good thing because you learn to read carefully and try to get the complete meaning of what is being said both explicitly and implicitly.
I totally understand Briansy post that started this interchange and I agree with him that a lot of teetotalers follow a similar path by taking alcohol out of their daily life style, having a few relapses, and then they stop having relapses and become successful non-drinkers. But the point is, during the relapses, they know and accept that they cannot drink and never go back to thinking that drinking can ever be part of their normal life.
The next "step" is to figure out how to not have those screw it moments that become relapses, but the point is that those are not moments when you tell yourself one is OK, because you have accepted that it is OK, instead they are moments when you do it anyway.
I agree with Briansy that that is huge, but still a problem that needs to be solved.
And I don't think that he ever said not to post, just not to post at him, which is totally different, and I think what he was referring to is that some of the posts were a bit passive aggressive even though I know they were not meant that way and sometimes we just hit the one chord at the wrong moment.
Peace and love folks.