Old 07-03-2021, 05:53 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Janine1967

[QUOTE=someday147;7661484]
Originally Posted by RAL View Post

Janine-I honestly wouldn't go. too much temptation, too much booze flowing, pressure from others, feeling like should join in etc. Especially as you don't really want to go. It really is ok, necessary even, to say no to things to look after ourselves.

I'm with Ral on this Janine but obviously you know best what you can handle. If you think there's any danger at all I wouldn't go though, your sobriety must come first or there won't be anything else anyway. I've also heard of people wanting to face things like that in early sobriety thinking it would be an achievement only to end up drinking. Our minds are devious especially early on.
Thanks all, for the advice & wise words. I still have a few days to think & make up my mind on whether to attend the wedding.

It's been a hard Day 13. Got some stressful news about my nephew & immediately had to battle an immense craving. Wound up talking to my neighbor & petting her dog. It calmed me, considerably. However, all day I just wanted to down the usual 1/2 gallon (1.7 liters) of box Chardonney. Then I had this thought... "Holy cow! You drank over 2.5 GALLONS of wine per week!!! 🤯😟😳 For many, many years. And you're still alive." So I walked into the house & ate a healthy nut & seed bar & checked all of your great posts while drinking a Vitamin Water laced with a powdered magnesium supplement.

This is hard work filled with emotional trauma. Much harder than I feared for years. But, I'm worth it. We all are. 👍

Hey Boondock, what is AV?🤪