Old 07-03-2021, 06:33 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Janine1967

Good morning, my sober compatriots!

The holiday weekend has started with some needed rain. My garden will appreciate it. It's suffered much neglect in the past couple of years. I love to work in the yard & my garden beds but lost a love of anything except alcohol over time. If the sun show's itself tomorrow, I will go outside & pull weeds. It's a start.

I slept a bit better last night, but still up every 2 hours for the restroom. I drink so much water now... it's like I've been dehydrated for 30+ years. Ha! I suppose I have been. My face looks less puffy & my tiny self is gaining weight. Food tastes good! Like my tastebuds have woken up after hibernation. Starting today I will try to consume less sugar, might help with sleep.

On the way home from work yesterday I was in traffic near an electronic billboard. I watched 4 ads before we began moving. Three of them were for different types of alcohol. Hard iced tea, hard seltzer & vodka. Pissed me off. It didn't tempt me but made me think how it's constantly thrown in our face & that of our kids. Drinking is fun, have a great time when you buy this or that brand!

That reminds me... next Friday I will be attending my cousin's wedding with my dad. Honestly, don't wanna go, but I missed his 1st wedding almost 30 years ago & really want to see family I've not seen in decades. Here's my plan... We take 2 cars. I attend the nuptials. If cocktail hour is too much for me, I leave, walk, smoke... come back for dinner & then go home right afterwards. I think it's too soon for me to be around people getting trashed, right? What are your thoughts?

Hope you all have a brilliantly sober Saturday. Thanks for the continued support. ❤