Thread: Another relapse
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2021, 10:15 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Beachn View Post
my wife said my daughter looked her square in the eye and said I was the most dangerous man in the world and they should murder me in my sleep.
Sometimes when we have lived in a dysfunctional place long enough or dealt with it long enough, some things that are truly well beyond any line happen and we brush past them.

This is one of those things. She is NOT ok, she is not safe to be around you or your children. Anyone who would say this is not ok. The idea that this would even cross her mind is disturbing. I assume that your Daughter is trustworthy, or perhaps more trustworthy than your wife? I would proceed cautiously with both really.

No matter who said it, someone THOUGHT it. They thought about murdering you in your sleep. I hope you sit with that for a while and really let it sink in.

That should scare you, even more than being a single parent.

You need support, you need to keep doing the next right thing for you and your kiddies. Have you looked to your community for any of this? There are probably resources in the community that you would be eligible for. Subsidized child care for instance should you decide to leave.

As for the mini bottles, it seems to me that isn't something you do when you are openly getting smashed? Those may well be something to get by when she is "sober".

I feel like my post is very negative, I don't mean to make you feel worse, I just don't see any light in this picture.