View Single Post
Old 06-25-2021, 06:12 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
cusper

Hi AO! I remember you from back in 2014. Welcome back! I have just returned a couple of months ago as well. This time I bought a pile of journals to write in each day to record my progress for the first year of sobriety. Each day I put down my mindset and my physical symptoms/medical tests I got after I quit. Although I wasn't an everyday drinker I was a binge drinker and still was very sick. I am at 6 months sober now and at around 4 months I was able to sleep through the night and had much less anxiety. Other than making sobriety my number one priority- sleep was the second. It was a concerted effort to develop a routine on bedtime. I know we are all different so it was my experience that at about three and half months was a turning point. However up until then I had digestive issues, sleep problems, headaches, dizzy spells, feelings of rage. However I did go Keto at about month 3 which really helped my nerves. I also think that keto has helped with my PAWS issues. When I got sober the last time I had much worse PAWs the first year of sobriety. I really believe that eliminating sugar entirely helps with the anxious constitution. Or really at least for me. Congrats on 18 days! So happy to see you here.