View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 08:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ariesagain

Woodland…two weeks is not nothing but it’s really not much. As others have said, her throwing blame back at you given everything that’s happened is…not great.

Can you consider hitting the mental “pause” button until she completes this rehab stint, if she does?

Your daughter is displaying exactly the behavior that comes with growing up with an alcoholic parent. It’s really all she knows. You’ve tried to protect her but this endless merry-go-round from hell never ends, so how could you, as long as you kept trying to make it work. And you have, over and over and over. The addiction to the happy ending fantasy is powerful…I know.

I’m glad you have some support. I hope you can attend actual Alanon meetings soon? IMO, the meetings where you can see yourself in others’ experiences is where the real power lies.

I’m going to say one more thing…I’m not sure there is any such thing as trying too hard to protect your child from the damage an alcoholic parent can cause. So you being “WAAAAAAAY out of line”? Not from where I’m sitting. She’s still deflecting and minimizing, WL.

Be careful, yes?