View Single Post
Old 06-20-2021, 10:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Macyc

So she’s in rehab and tells you you BOTH have things to make amends for? Seems she needs to focus on HER things.

as far as your daughter goes, I have a feeling she will also now see you working through that. I don’t know why we take so much blame and account for everything.

how on earth could you be in a situation with an alcoholic and react perfectly? You can’t know what you don’t know.

so you reacted the way most people would without knowing. It wasn’t malicious. It wasn’t intentional. And let us not forget, the alcoholic makes us all sick. Where does that start?

the way I see it, ah lead our family to where we ended up. He owns the dysfunction. It’s his. Now, it also CREATED things in me and our children. Those are now ours to clean up. Our responsibility now. That he brought us.

Talking with your daughter and showing her different will go a long way.

Don’t let your ex talk to you like that. It’s triggering. And not something she should be discussing that way right now anyway. Does it promote healing? Will it be harmful or helpful? If it’s harmful. Isn’t a conversation to have. Firm line.