Thread: Why is this?
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 01:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Macyc View Post
who in their right mind believes they’re trying to straighten something out and convey they want their family back by behaving so mean, nasty, negative and angry. I’ll never get it. In my world, it means exactly what it seems. And that is the opposite of what he’d say.
Yes, narcissist or not, some people find this works for them. They control people through fear and intimidation and I guess that works on some people. As an example, I don't like to be pushed. You push me (in any way I'm not comfortable with), I push back or just hold my ground until I'm ready. Now I'm sure, when others try this on some others, it's works like a charm, so I think a lot of that can be learned behaviour. I do this - I get this result, that works (forgetting the - we are all different - part of it).

Another one is when people pout, I can't stand it lol - you know the, what, you don't want to go - pout face. Now I am sure that also works on some people.

In any scenario like that, the other person has failed to take in to account who they are talking to and what they are like, they just use their go-to.