View Single Post
Old 06-16-2021, 09:24 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
OneThingAtATime

Hello all, and thanks so much for the encouragement.

Still in pain here, but I am waiting for some of meds to wear off so I can go to the pharmacy to pick up more meds. I believe that he will have prescribed me a steroid. There isn't a lot you can take for nerve pain.

Kittencat, I surely can relate about getting used to new meds. Just taking an extra Lyrica is hard for me. I really hate all these pills.

Willow, I know dairy can be hard to kick. I sure love it myself. I see my primary care doctor next week and I am sure I will be put back on cholesterol meds again. I have two brothers and we all have trouble with our cholesterol. My younger brother was taking shots of organic apple cider vinegar and swore that lowered his numbers some. Great on starting your second month!!!!!

Plenny, you are doing great on your exercising. I look forward to doing it myself. Hopefully soon. I do have to go by the grocery store today and I am going to look for some hibiscus tea with berry. That sounds so good.

I was 20 days sober yesterday! I think my husband is really wanting a drink. We talked last night and he said that maybe this weekend I would feel good enough to get in the hot tub and have some margaritas. I said NO. He was really trying his best to talk me into it, so I had to go through the whole speech that my drinking has gone too far and I am best not drinking at all. He tried. My okay would make it guilt free for him to drink. It is his decision.

I did mention to you guys that my son's wedding will be up in the mountains. I don't think I told you that it will be at a craft brewery that has a deck facing the mountains where they will be married. They have a whole package thing going on. I am thinking brewery, I can handle that, they will have NA drinks, I am sure. Son sent me a picture of the dresses that the mother's will be wearing and she wants me to go to one specific bridal shop and get my dress there. I am not paying over $200 for a dress I will only wear once and pay for minion alterations! These dresses she showed me were no sleeved, sequined and lace dresses that a younger woman would wear. They are all older then me. Plus one is champagne colored and the other taupe, which sure looked like brown to me. Holy cow! It looks like she is planning a royal wedding in a bar. It is funny, kind of. I sure will have something made more age appropriate and with a long sleeved jacket or long sleeves. I am now a Floridian and if gets 70 or below, I am freezing!

I hope everyone's day is going well. Sobriety has a way to make things better!

OneThing