View Single Post
Old 06-15-2021, 09:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
OneThingAtATime

Hello All,

I feel rotten! My pain got worse last night. As tired as I was, I went to bed at 9pm but up at 1am with excruciating pain that is also a burning too. Now I was told to expect that I may feel like I have a sunburn in the effected areas, but I don't think they meant like this. I feel more like I have been electrocuted. I put ice on it last night/early this morning and tried to go back to sleep and that wasn't happening so I took another Lyrica.

When I called the doc office on Sat and talked with the nurse on call, she said that to 50mg of Lyrica twiice a day was a pretty low dose so it was fine. I called them back this morning to let them know I took another and maybe 1 every 8 hrs instead of 1 every 12 hrs might be better for me. I am waiting for them to call me back.

I have been icing the area like they said but looked at it this morning and the injection site is red. My temperature is slightly elevated but not at what is considered a fever. I don't normally run temperatures as it is. The last time I had diverticulitis the infection spread through my whole large intestine and never ran a temp. I did have some considerable pain and spent 3 days in the hospital, but no temp. I usually run 97.5F and I am up to 98.9 so, I don't know what to say about that. I should be feeling some relief by now, but I certainly am not.

I am sober though! Well, kinda, the Lyrica increase has kind of made me a bit loopy again. I will say I have not drank any alcohol.

Phoebe, I understand you being embarrassed to see a new doc. I just changed primary care physicians also. You have made improvements in your life style and in your progress toward getting your conditions under control, be sure to let her know how your are progressing. I so understand being embarrassed about weight. Now I kid around and tell them that I am too short for my weight and I am doing my best to grow, but it is hard getting that number on the scale. I have been blaming the weight gain on the Lyrica because it will pack the pounds on, but drinking a bottle of wine a day was doing its part too.

Speaking of weight gain, I have been doing a bit of looking on line for a mother of the groom dress. There is a problem. Since I have so much weight around my middle, and now it wont go away with taking the Lyrica again, I am going to have to have one made. I did talk with a lady this morning who will meet with me sometime next week, if I am feeling better. She will take measurements, show me fabrics, and patterns she has to make the dress. It is going to be less expensive to have a dress done this way then to go pick one off the rack and then pay to have it altered. It should be fun to pick everything out but it will be so hard to have her take my measurements. I kinda have the figure of a Minion right now.

Willow, congratulations on your 30 days!!!! 🎉🎈🎉. That is something to be proud about and I hope you are going to do something special for yourself. It is also good that you are going to be DD for your office party. I remember those and coworkers can get sloppy letting their hair down. When I was sober before, I felt so self conscious going and not drinking till I realized that no one cared if I was drinking as long they had a drink and I laughed along with them.

Plenny, I am glad that everything turned out well with your sponsor. I also love Spodify Podcasts! I listen to them a lot when my husband isn't home and I go to bed. It is hard to for me to go to sleep in this country silence without him in bed with me. I know it is not recommended for good sleep but it works for me. I was listening to one the other night about how we must think and make decisions with our heads and not our emotions. It helped with the wedding decision, my emotions were running high, but the best decision, in the long run, is to bite the bullet and go. Not going would only make our relationship worse.

So this is me for today. I am still waiting on that doctor's office call back. I do hope that everyone have a wonderful, sober day.

OneThing