Thread: I binged again
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Rockbottom1964

Hi, Brainsy. This is just my take, and it doesn't carry a whole lot of weight like some of the "old-timers" advice here on SR, but I'll give it in any way. Stop bashing and blaming yourself. There's no use in that. Instead, I think you need to congratulate yourself. Your last thread - "Really Struggling" was on the 29th of January, and by my reckoning that means you stayed of the booze for 4 months this time, which, I also think, is a new record for you? The previous was around 100 days, was it not? No matter. You tried, and you succeeded for a good many months. Now try again. The dog is good; YOU are good. Hang in there, and talk to us here on SR often. And keep sharing with your mom. You're blessed to have her. I re-post a reply I posted on your "Really Struggling" thread, because it still carries water, and always will. To me at least.
""Someone once said that there is no profit in regret, which is very true. I believe though, that there’s plenty of profit in gratitude, and in mindfulness. Talk to yourself, Briansy, talk to God, and talk to the trees and birds – like I do… But don’t kill yourself over things that are behind you and you (maybe?) can’t change"".
Best wishes to you, Briansy.