Old 06-02-2021, 05:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
I do agree with Fusion " I don't understand why a period of instruction on the technique would be deemed damaging, for me, it would be quite the opposite." - I have found all the instruction so far immensely beneficial. The book, at the moment is for me a red herring, I will have another look at it, but whether I read it or not it wont change my commitment to abstinence.
Hi DustyFox, I read the six-part thread on AVRT started by Algorithm, then ordered the book. I found the six-part thread more informative on the technique, Algorithm's posts were intelligently succinct.

The book was for me, a disappointment. I wanted details of neuro-biology behind the birth of the Beast/AV and an action plan to rebuild myself post drinking. Instead I received a book which contained parts aimed at discrediting other recovery methods; discrediting 'me-the-drinker' in the family section and setting out how to deal with the Beast if it returned! The mere mention of the Beast returning, paved the way for a caveat, in that the Big Plan maybe, not final.

There was mention a couple of years ago, on the AVRT website that a new, revised and updated book was to be published. That reference disappeared and now the website is parked at GoDaddy. This is regrettable, because AVRT was the creator of the skill of AV recognition, that so many SR members use everyday, without knowing its source. I do wish that Jack Trimpey had passed the baton on.