Old 06-01-2021, 03:10 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by dustyfox View Post
The one thing I am not sure is correct is dismissing the possibility of peer support helping in recovery - I am finding my daily check in here to this forum very helpful, it keeps my eye on the ball, and makes me feel good even when I am suffering physical withdrawal symptoms. That's surely a good thing and strengthens commitment?
Hi DustyFox, GT provided a purely AVRT stance in the latter part of his final sentence, in the post 67. I do like his 'firewall' reference in the first part of that sentence. My view is that we are individuals, and if you find something helpful and strengthening to your commitment, then following your inner wisdom would be, well, wise.

On the question of peer support, I believe that support/guidance whilst learning AVRT, or building one's own self-development regime, is beneficial. I understand Jack Trimpey's rationale for abandoning AVRT meetings, but I feel it was counter-productive, and instead stifled the growth of his belief in self-recovery. I don't understand why a period of instruction on the technique would be deemed damaging, for me, it would be quite the opposite.