Thread: Success!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 03:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
skinner

Thumbs up Success!!!

Well, woo hoo for me!! LOL.......I went to a party last night (first time since sobriety 86 days ago). I wasn't very nervous about the presence of alcohol. HOWEVER, I was completely nervous about being social!!

I have been drinking since the age of 17. What that means is that at just about EVERY social event I have attended for the last 17 years I have been at least SOMEwhat intoxicated. Well, turns out even withOUT alcohol in me, I am still a crazy, obnoxious, LOUD party kinda gal!! Yep, I even got some laughs (although not sure if they were directed AT me or WITH me ???)

ANYhoo.....bottom line is this, I actually AM a fun gal......no alcohol needed!! And, what a HOOT to be sober and watch the drunkards........YOWZAS.......I'm kinda glad I don't look like THAT any longer!!

Anyway, just being self absorbed and publicly patting myself on the back!! (hehehe)..........

Sooooooooooo........:abw: and may 2006 bring nothing but prosperity and growth to us all!! Cheers to taking this ride called sobriety "one day at a time"