View Single Post
Old 05-23-2021, 06:19 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Free2bme888

When I quit cigs, oct 31, 1987 (5:23pm)

it was the umpteenth time I’d quit

I really wanted not to be a slave to cigs. I really wanted to be happy without them. To quit worrying if I had enough for the weekend. To not NEED them. I believed it was possible, there were people who’d never smoked, and people who’d quit, and they were HAPPY! They didn’t need a cig to celebrate. Or to get past an angry or sad moment.

No meetings for me to help me quit. No meds then either. I marked off a calendar every day, with a black marker ‘X’ through it. After a month, I’d find sometimes I’d have gone three days without crossing a day on calendar.

Those moments happened more frequently. I remember being surprised and happy when 10 days had passed without marking off the days, and it felt SO GOOD to cross out 10 days that had gone by without struggling. I just couldn’t fathom then that I’d be free, free from the chains of nicotine. To think of it in 33 years length was overwhelming back then. But it’s here. And yay!,

It happened for me with alcohol too, at about month 5. I’m looking forward to it again, because I KNOW it gets better.

Hugs to you......