Old 05-21-2021, 10:17 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
GerandTwine
Not The Way way, Just the way

Originally Posted by Fusion View Post
I agree it's fundamental. It's the ambivalence. My Beast/AV/Voice of Addiction is solely interested in survival NOW, and damn the future, doesn't care if I drink to excess today, risk my life and prejudice my future/tomorrows. I call it my Instant Gratification Monster.

Whereas, the future planner, I call it my Pre-frontal cortex and associated brain parts, is interested in my well-being today, and survival in the future, for which it forward plans. The longer I dwell on this issue, the more I believe it boils down to the 'which do you feed' concept. The future planner me, must be nourished, so that the Instant Gratification Monster is starved.

A Carpe Diem power grab - for my future wellbeing.
Hi F,

Your requirement on creating and feeding “the future planner” in order to keep alcohol out of your mouth is actually your Addictive Voice. You can still draw that “line in the sand” by promising yourself “I will never drink again, and I will never change my mind.” any ole time you want. I know you have made other “plans” in the past. But I know you can still make the BIG one, too. The BIG plan is not dependent upon anything else.

The Beast knows everything YOU know and IT feels everything YOU feel. Even though IT is SINGLE-MINDED, IT is not stupid. It understands waiting, and can use what IT knows are your beliefs and traits against you.

GT