Old 05-09-2021, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sherkmrdt

My brother and his girlfriend are pregnant ..... and long time drug addicts

So... my brother and his girlfriend are both 17+ year addicts... they use heroine and who knows what else... Well.... a few months ago (during a "we're getting clean phase") they announced that they were pregnant...(to such announcement I was accused of being "unchrist-like" because I was.... less than thrilled.) They have since fallen off the "clean" wagon. She is using drugs, HEROINE, while pregnant. I'm literally sick over that poor baby. It's all I can think about. I lay awake at night. And if I fall asleep.... I just dream about him/her. My brother already has a 9 year old daughtet with major daddy issues, for obvious reasons .... but her mom is, at least, drug free and a good mom. I am seriously considering asking my brother and his girlfriend to give me the baby, if it even makes it through the pregnancy. If I did... it would be a "they have little to nothing to do with the baby" situation. I have children of my own and have 0 desire to have them exposed to my brother/girlfriend on a regular basis.

Thoughts, concerns, am I taking this too far?