Thread: Sobriety
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 07:40 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Aellyce

I love that analogy and picture too, bimini .

Was also just reflecting on my own timeline and progress this morning. I personally didn't have the mood-type emotional issues and fluctuations (probably I'm just not too prone to that in general), but definitely relate to the first month being hellish. I only register this again now, that it's behind me after my relapse... my issue is always the almost constant, super intense, persistent cravings for alcohol. Don't know why I get these (I think we all just have out won backgrounds) and it doesn't matter now, but those cravings for me are like an alternate reality. It took about a month first time for those to subside noticeably, and same again (even worse) after a relapse that involved three binges only... crazy! Reflecting back on these things definitely helps to strengthen the determination to never, ever pick up again, who the hell wants to go through that one more time! Thanks for posting this again, it helped me with the reflection, because I was trying to avoid even thinking about my sober time at all cost, and now I see again that it's helpful.