View Single Post
Old 05-03-2021, 08:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JoeCree

Swinging back again.

Hi SR fam, new and old.
Had 4 years of sobriety until April 2020 when covid came. My biz took a hit and was locked down. In the first month i made the terrible decision to start again.
Was the same old story, over and over you hear here in the forum. Within about a month I was back to daily drinking.
Never drove drunk, did it all at my house. Basically pass out every night, wake, rinse repeat.
i knew it was bad.. and would have to quit again for good in short order. Well it took about a year. Much harder this time, but ive managed a few weeks to get my sober frame of mind back. We're still in lockdown here in Toronto.
ive been exercising again, and have gotten past the physical symptoms (shakes, etc..) now i just gotta work on mental, but im loving sobriety again.

my advice: think of Alcoholism as a constant curve going upwards. Even if you step off that curve for any amount of time, (if) you go back you will catch up to that line and continue the addiction (stronger than before). It truly is a no win situation. Moderation wont work, switching up drinking times wont work, changing brands hard beer wine wont work.. it's all the same.

ive accepted I can never drink again, Alcohol brings no relief, no fun or happiness. It is simply a drug that is poisonous to my body, my family, and my life.

glad to be back.