Old 04-28-2021, 11:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mags1
Magsie

Peeling away the layers - Weekenders 30 April - 03 May 2021

I can relate my Sober Recovery journey similar to peeling an onion.

Deciding that alcohol and I didn’t get on, took me many layers of the onion to reach that decision. I guess that could be vision, looking to the future without booze....but how, it had been my life for a long time?

The next layers I knew I needed help, this was too big for me to do alone, I needed a plan...a road map.

Peeling more layers, meant one day I could be free of alcohol and the chains it had wrapped around me....Released

My next layers peeled away to reveal ‘What Next?’ How did I keep sober? How could I do this and make it work for me? Keeping doing what I needed to do to get it right, to get me on the sober path, going one way....Iteration

Finally, peeling the layers of the onion brought me results. I know I had to stay on this sober path for my happiness, my sanity, my free of alcohol life. I knew I was thankful every day for being released and getting my life back......Daily

We are all different and there’s a format to suit as all, the layers can be peeled off when you’re ready for the next layer. It leads to what we all want....Sobriety

If this is your first weekend sober, or many, come join us for support and chat...as we know the weekends can be a struggle sometimes. (We’re here all week too!)