View Single Post
Old 04-25-2021, 10:13 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Toughroad1209

Here I am tonight, 21 days sober. The day was interesting as I took my kids to a birthday party. As the kids were enjoying the party, the father of the event started passing beers around to the adults. When he passed me a beer I told him “ I don’t drink”. As time past he came back with the second round of beers and again I said “I don’t drink”. The third time around he didn’t ask me again or try to hand me a beer. As the time went on I felt fine. I watched them drink but it didn’t bother me. I knew when we left I was able to deny drinks and leave to go home sober with no issues. No regrets, no wonders of if I embarrassed myself. No thoughts of how I would have been the guy running back to his beer stash more than everyone else. It felt good!! It was a day of feeling that I don’t need a drink around people. I don’t need the drink! Sobriety is everything to me. Nothings going to get in my way. I spent some time tonight reading some of the personal stories in the back of the AA book. It reminds me of how I felt while drinking. I don’t want to be back in that position. Being sober keeps me out of that position from those stories. I hope my day today can help someone else.