View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 06:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Mashabo

Originally Posted by ohwellitsspring View Post
Then he ambushes me and says a bunch of stuff that doesn’t make sense about how he can’t love me enough and wants a ‘transcendent love’ and lists some made up flaws I have and tells me he loves me more than he has ever loved anyone and can easily imagine spending his life with me but he doesn’t want to be with me.
This part made me giggle. And I’m sorry, I know that it’s not a funny situation, but I just remembered myself listening to a bunch of BS like this from my X and trying to make sense of it all. But there was none!

I haven’t told ex anything. I mean I have while we were together, and the amount of nerves I wasted is incredible, but I haven’t told him anything at the end. I texted some stuff just putting some facts to his face, but it was mostly for ME, not for HIM to understand smth.

I believe they actually know, deep inside, how much hurt they caused, but they have the ability to burry it very veeeeeery far and deep. So my suggestion is - if you do it for yourself and expect nothing in return (and you should take time to analyze that) then go for it. Otherwise probably take the suggestion of writing a letter and not sending it!

I wish you to heal from it all and to take care of yourself, you deserve it!